

It started out as a relaxing Monday morning. Reece didn't have school because of a holiday, so since we didn't have the usual rushed morning, I decided to make pumpkin pancakes. YUM!!! They were a hit, but what I didn't expect was what the next few days would bring because of one hot cooked meal.
Eric went overboard in his delight over a hot breakfast and went on and on and on and on about what a great start this was to his day and how much he appreciates it. I got it...he wants to be fed more than cereal or toast more often. But mornings are rushed and we have kids to get out the door to school, etc, etc, blah blah blah, end of conversation, or so I thought.
I was on the phone later that morning with my friend Franchesca, relaying the breakfast story, fully expecting her to be in agreement that a hot cooked breakfast was too much trouble. Much to my shock and appall, the traitor...I mean my friend, cooks breakfast every day. EVERY DAY. I mean eggs, bacon, hash browns. EVERY DAY!!!!!!!! I told her of my surprise and she was equally surprised that I wasn't as June Cleaverish as she. In fact I remember saying something about prarie wife syndrome. So we decided to find out which of us was in the minority. Do more wives and moms get up and cook breakfast or do the cereal/toast/frozen pancake routine?
So in order to get an honest, well rounded answer, we took our question to...Facebook. Chaos ensued!!! People that Franchesca were convinced made breakfast, did not!! Meanwhile, our husbands got involved in the conversation. I get a phone call of "encouragement" from Franchesca's husband. My husband becomes Franchesca's biggest fan. The results of our very accurate scientific poll were just what I thought they would be...I am normal. Thus the end...I have won...or so I thought.
This morning, once again, I made breakfast (okay...I heated up the leftover frozen pumpkin pancakes from yesterday). My husband leaves for work and runs in to someone who asks if his wife made him breakfast this morning. Then he gets a call later on in the day from another friend who was curious about the breakfast debate. All of a sudden the world is interested in whether or not I've chosen to make breakfast.
So lessons learned:
1. The world, apparently, does read what you put in the status line of your facebook page
2. Never ask Franchesca a question, unless you're sure what her answer will be
3. Making breakfast makes for a happier husband, so maybe one should try it out once or twice a week (no need to go crazy and become unappreciated :) )
Eric went overboard in his delight over a hot breakfast and went on and on and on and on about what a great start this was to his day and how much he appreciates it. I got it...he wants to be fed more than cereal or toast more often. But mornings are rushed and we have kids to get out the door to school, etc, etc, blah blah blah, end of conversation, or so I thought.
I was on the phone later that morning with my friend Franchesca, relaying the breakfast story, fully expecting her to be in agreement that a hot cooked breakfast was too much trouble. Much to my shock and appall, the traitor...I mean my friend, cooks breakfast every day. EVERY DAY. I mean eggs, bacon, hash browns. EVERY DAY!!!!!!!! I told her of my surprise and she was equally surprised that I wasn't as June Cleaverish as she. In fact I remember saying something about prarie wife syndrome. So we decided to find out which of us was in the minority. Do more wives and moms get up and cook breakfast or do the cereal/toast/frozen pancake routine?
So in order to get an honest, well rounded answer, we took our question to...Facebook. Chaos ensued!!! People that Franchesca were convinced made breakfast, did not!! Meanwhile, our husbands got involved in the conversation. I get a phone call of "encouragement" from Franchesca's husband. My husband becomes Franchesca's biggest fan. The results of our very accurate scientific poll were just what I thought they would be...I am normal. Thus the end...I have won...or so I thought.
This morning, once again, I made breakfast (okay...I heated up the leftover frozen pumpkin pancakes from yesterday). My husband leaves for work and runs in to someone who asks if his wife made him breakfast this morning. Then he gets a call later on in the day from another friend who was curious about the breakfast debate. All of a sudden the world is interested in whether or not I've chosen to make breakfast.
So lessons learned:
1. The world, apparently, does read what you put in the status line of your facebook page
2. Never ask Franchesca a question, unless you're sure what her answer will be
3. Making breakfast makes for a happier husband, so maybe one should try it out once or twice a week (no need to go crazy and become unappreciated :) )

No comments:
Post a Comment